Friday, May 4, 2007

Recommended Reading Continued

I've also been trying to find some really good Christian blogs or just a place for daily thoughts to access. So Craig, thanks for mentioning it! I get weekly updates from GotQuestions.org which sometimes piques my interest, but I still have yet to find something that I am really excited about reading. However, I've also stumbled upon some really good books you all should check out:

*More than a Carpenter by Josh McDowell
A really detailed and compelling argument about the validity of The Resurrection
*Dancing in the Desert: Spiritual Refreshment for Your Parched Soul by Marsha Crockett
Good for the times when you get sucked into an abyss and find yourself alone and lost.
*Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
Matt's favorite. ;) But a really honest picture of how Christianity is seen today from a secular point of view.

There's another good reference book that I read last summer, but I can't remember the name. I'll post it later.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Found that book. It's called:
A Newcomer's Guide to the Bible by Michael C. Armour

It's written for people who don't know anything about the Bible and want to know more. I found it as an incredibly helpful guide to piece together all the stories and history that has been taught to me throughout the years.

It's funny, but very rarely do I read the Bible starting from the beginning and ending at the end. Most of the time, I've learned stories here and there and then pieced everything together. I remember one time after reading the Gospels, I read Acts, and I could understand so much better about the context in which the apostles were preaching (obviously).